Meet Dr. Melanie Richards
- 1984: Graduated with honors from Wren High School in Piedmont SC, where she was active in various scholastic clubs and was a leader in the award-winning marching band.
- 1988: Graduated from Presbyterian College in Clinton SC, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry while pursuing a pre-dental curriculum. Community service was and continues to be an important aspect of PC's curriculum, and this remains an important part of Dr. Richards' goals.
- 1992: Graduated from MUSC's College of Dental Medicine in Charleston where she obtained her license as a SC dentist.
- 1994: Completed specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Maryland at Baltimore College of Dental Surgery and began working in a private practice.
- 2001: Dr. Richards is committed to professional excellence. After successful completion of a voluntary rigorous examination and critique of her clinical and diagnostic abilities, Dr. Richards has been designated a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- 2010: Dr. Richards completed International Association for Orthodontics tier advancement program entitled Straightwire Orthodontics, and became a member of the International Association of Orthodontics.